- £23-26k dependent on skills and experience
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Free fruit in the office
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Subsidised Fitbit
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
We are looking for someone to work closely with our Training Manager and support with identifying development needs across all areas of the business, including the induction of new employees. Onecom is a fast-growing telecoms business who aim to be the no.1 provider in the UK, offering the best service in the industry. This means we need the best people, ready to live by what we stand for and make a difference to the business every day!
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is confident, passionate and creative that can bring new and vibrant ideas to the business, you would be responsible for supporting each stage of the learning cycle and would be challenged to deliver positively different and effective training programmes using an array of techniques.
It’s not always easy, but it is so rewarding when you get to see the progression of each person you have helped to excel within their role. Plus, you’ll be surrounded by a hugely supportive team who will help ensure your success, so long as you’re willing to put the work in.
- Assist with the creation, planning and delivery of an engaging training programme for all employees, enabling staff to perform to high standards and to become proficient in the use of all available and relevant technology-based tools for their role
- Working with the Training Manager and Heads of Departments, identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Support business change programmes through tailored training, including (but not limited to) technology and system adoption
- Assist with planning and organising the induction process for new employees, including booking modules with internal departments and external training providers where relevant
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods
- Regularly update a Knowledge Base for internal use
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of training programmes’ effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Research new training materials and supplies that might enhance training procedures and provide value to employees
- Change training material as incremental software releases and change requests are implemented, ensure all teams have visibility and clarity of changes for their areas
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programmes as necessary
- Produce training material to deliver during the induction and ongoing training process
- Write reports, produce and interpret statistical data
- Create standards to identify and report on knowledge gaps across teams and sites to provide appropriate solutions to fill knowledge gaps, increasing the minimum standard
- Develop new training modules to aid an increase in both standards and knowledge within the business
- Champion ‘employee led’ learning, encouraging the adoption of a range of learning methods
- Act as a role model to new and existing employees – behaving professionally at all times
- Provide feedback to and raise concerns to management and Heads of Department following training programmes
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification is essential
- A L&D qualification would be advantageous, e.g. CIPD Foundation Certificate
- Flexible and approachable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be organised and able to multi-task • A pro-active approach and ability to use initiative
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent ability to use technology and media to create training modules
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programmes
- Strong record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Effective coaching skills
- Proficient with MS Office including PowerPoint (essential)
- Experience with Salesforce, Sage X3 or other ERP (desirable)
- Experience of working within a project team
- Driven, results orientated
- Must be able to work well under pressure and remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent telephone manner including listening skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptable and self-motivated
- Able to motivate staff and understand their development needs
- Full UK Driving Licence
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 connections.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011-2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015-2018.
Successful applicants should note that their employment will be subject to a basic disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!